The members of the group
Group leader: Xia Xueshan, Ph. D., Professor
Other members: Liu Li, Ph. D., Associate Professor
Feng Y, Ph. D.
Zhang A-Mei, Ph. D.
Major research in this group:
1. Virus molecular epidemiology research.
2. HCV infected animal model.
3. Antiviral drug test.
4. Interaction of host and virus.
5. Utilization and management of enviromental bacteria.
For molecular experiment: instruments for PCR or real-time PCR, centrifugal apparatus, constant temperatural incubator, enzyme-labeled instrument, UV imaging system, Electrophoresis system, etc.
For cellular experiment: cell cultural equipment, Bio-safety Cabinet, fluorescence microscope, water purification system, etc.
Projects supported by NSF, sub-task of 973 project, sub-task of National Key Technology R&D Program of the Ministry of Science and Technology, projects supported by Yunnan NSF, etc.
We established excellent corporative relationship with medical college of Baylor University, Harbin Veterinary Research Institute, CAAS, and Wuhan Institute of Virology, CAS, and so on.
1. Liu Y, Xia X. Molecular characterization, tissue expression, polymorphism and association of porcine LCK gene. Mol Biol Rep. 2012; 39(4):4023-4028.
2. Jia T, Feng Y, Gao L, Liu L, Wei D, Yang H, Xia X, Dai J, Sun X, Lu C. simple, sensitive SSCP method for detecting HVR1 quasi-species of hepatitis C virus. Advanced Materials Research. 2012, v343-344: 568-575.
3. Liu L, Xiang A, Feng Yue, Wei D, Yang H, Xia X. Cyanobacteria diversity in eutrophic lake of Yunnan, China. Advanced Materials Research. 2012, v 343-344: 914-919.
4. Feng Y, Zhao W, Feng Y, Dai J, Li Z, Zhang X, Liu L, Bai J, Zhang H, Lu L, Xia X. A novel genotype of GB virus C: its identification and predominance among injecting drug users in Yunnan, ?xml:namespace>China. PLoS ONE. 2011, 6(10):e21151.
5. Tong Y, Zhu Y, Xia X, Liu Y, Feng Y, Hua X, Chen Z, Ding H, Gao L, Wang Y, Feitelson MA, Zhao P, Qi ZT. Tupaia CD81, SR-BI, claudin-1, and occludin support hepatitis C virus infection. J Virol. 2011, 85(6):2793-2802.
6. Xia X, Zhao W, Tee KK, Feng Y, Takebe Y, Li Q, Pybus OG, Lu L. Complete genome sequencing and phylogenetic analysis of HCV isolates from China reveals a new subtype, designated 6u. J Med Virol. 2008, 80(10):1740-1746.
7. Wang Y, Xia X, Li C, Maneekarn N, Xia W, Zhao W, Feng Y, Kung HF, Fu Y, Lu L. A new HCV genotype 6 subtype designated 6v was confirmed with three complete genome sequences. J Clin Virol. 2009, 44(3):195-199.
8. Xia X, Lu L, Tee KK, Zhao W, Wu J, Yu J, Li X, Lin Y, Mukhtar MM, Hagedorn CH, Takebe Y. The unique HCV genotype distribution and the discovery of a novel subtype 6u among IDUs co-infected with HIV-1 in Yunnan, China. J Med Virol. 2008, 80(7):1142-1152.