BioconversionLab was founded in 2008 and our staff team consists of one professor as well asone lecturer. Three experimental platforms including anaerobic microbialphysiological ecology, microbial metabolic engineering and biomass ethanolconversion have been established, which are well equipped for research inmicrobial physiology, molecular, genetics and related application research. Weaim to improve the ability to degrade biomass including lignocelluloseand alginic acid. The long term goal of our researchis to investigate the mechanisms of cellulases andalginate lyase, and the roles of their degradationproducts in microbial metabolic pathways. In addition to basic mechanisticprinciples, we aim to construct engineered microorganisms with the ability topowerfully transform lignocellulose and alginic acid to target products using multi-disciplinarycrossing research methods including molecular, metabolic ,protein engineering and fermentative physiology.
Irbisc(Professor, Ph.D.), Jinping Yan(Lecturer, Ph.D.)
1 .Microbial Degradation and MetabolicMechanism of Lignocellulose and Alginate
2. Pretreatment of Biomass, MicrobialTransformation and Development of the Ethanol Fermentation System
3. Microbial Metabolic Engineering andMolecular Breeding
4. Fungi Molecular Biology
Maininstruments and equipments
Bioconversionlab has organized three experimental platforms: anaerobic microbialphysiological ecology, microbial metabolic engineering and lignocellulosicethanol conversion. The main instruments include anaerobic workstations, thepillars deaerator systembiologicalmicroscope, high-temperature incubator, high-temperature shaker, PCRinstrument, DGGE, microplate reader, proteinpurification and electrophoresis system, gel imaging system, cellulose analysissystem, high-performance liquid chromatography and UV spectrophotometer etc.
1. The Project Sponsored by the ScientificResearch Foundation for the Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars, State EducationMinistry (2011-508)
2. The Key Cooperation Projects of ?xml:namespace>GuangxiProvince (2010GXNSFD013029)
3. Foundation for High-level Talents in KunmingUniversity of Science andTechnology (2008-068)
4. The Application of Basic ResearchFoundation of YunnanProvince (14118147,2010ZC057)
5. The Key Project Supported by Education Department of YunnanProvince(2010Z014)
Our laboratory have established cooperation relationship withdomestic research institutions, enterprises and KyotoUniversity.Currently, one Japanese student engaged in collaborative research laboratory.
1. Chagan Irbis, Ciliate protozoa and rumen methanogenesis.2009-03. YunnanScience and Technology Press. ISBN:978-7-5416-3202-0/Q.129.
2. Chagan Irbis, Rosa Garriga, Asami Kabasawa, and Kazunari Ushida., Phylogenetic analysis on Troglodytellaabrassarti isolated from Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes verus) in the wild andin captivity. The Journal of general and applied microbiology. 2008, 54:409-413
3. Kohji Miyazaki, ChaganIrbis (Corresponding author), Takada J, Matsuura A., An ability of isolated strains to efficiently cooperate in ethanolic fermentation of agricultural plant refuse underinitially aerobic thermophilic conditions: oxygendeletion process appended to consolidated bioprocessing(CBP). Bioresource technology. 2008, 99(6):1768-75.
4. Chagan Irbis and Kazunari Ushida., Detection of methanogensand proteobacteria from a single cell of rumenciliate protozoa. The Journal of general and applied microbiology. 2004, 50:203-212.
5. Mitsunori Tokura, Chagan Irbis, Kazunari Ushida, Yoichi Kojima., Phylogeneticstudy of methanogens associated with rumen ciliates.Current Microbiology. 1999, 39: 123-128.
6. Chagan Irbis, Mitsunori Tokura., Jean-Pierre Jouany, Kazunari Ushida,.Detection of methanogenic archaeaassociated with rumen ciliate protozoa. The Journal of general and appliedmicrobiology. 1999, 45: 305-308.
7. Jinping Yan, Han He, Shibo Tong, Wanrong Zhang, Jianmei Wang, Xufeng Li and Yi Yang.Voltage-DependentAnion Channel 2 of Arabidopsis Thaliana (AtVDAC2) Is Involved In ABA-MediatedEarly Seedling Development. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2009,10: 2476-2486.
8. Jinping Yan, Han He, Jianjun Zhang, ZhenLiu, Jianmei Wang, XufengLi and Yi Yang. Overexpression UDP Glucosyltransferase 71C5 increases glucose tolerance in Arabidopsisthaliana. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology, 2010, 57( 6):875–881.
9. イラビス, 十倉充範, 牛田一成, 小島洋一, J.P.Jouany,. ルーメンプローア由来メタン菌集落の16S rDNA解析. 日本畜産学会1999. 95.
10. 十倉充範, イラビス, 牛田一成, J.P.Jouany,. ルーメン嫌気性原生に由来するメタン菌の系統解析. 日本農芸化学会1999.409.
11. GUO Min, TANG Li-wei, YAN Jin-ping, CHAGAN Irbis (Corresponding author).Main physiological activities of Truffles and research progress of active substances production.Science and Technology of Food Industry.2012,33(22)403-407.
12. SUN Huan-min,GUO Min, CHAGAN Irbis (Corresponding author).Intracellular redox level of thermophilicanaerobic ethanol bacteria impact on fermentation metabolism. ChinaBiotechnology. 2012, 32(7) : 73-78.
13. ZHANG Xu, ZHAO Lin, QIAN Long, HUANG Shu-Shi, Chagan Irbsi (Corresponding author).Research progress of alginolytic bacteria.,Chinese Bulletin of Life Sciences.2012,24(5):475-482
14. CAI Wen-fei,YAN Jin-ping,ZHAO Li-feng,Chagan Irbsi (Corresponding author).Research progress of ethanol tolerance mechanism in thermophilic anaerobes. Chinese Journal of Microecology. 2011, 23(2): 190-192
15. ZHAO Li-feng, Yan Jin-ping,SUNHuan-min, Chagan Irbsi (Corresponding author). Research progressof Integration biotechnology and cellulose decomposition thermophilicbacteria ethanol conversion. Biotechnology Bulletin. 2011, 8: 55-59.
16. Chagan Irbsi,SHANG Shu-mei,LIKun-zhi,CHEN Li-mei,ZHAOLi-feng. The product and application ofethanol fermentation high temperature anaerobicbacteria culture medium, Authorized announcement:2011.4.20, patent number:ZL 2009 1 0094167.8