2005.4-2007.3 Postdoc in Kyoto Prefectural University, ?xml:namespace>Japan
1998.4-2001.3 Ph.D. in Agriculture, Kyoto Prefectural University, Japan
1996.4-1998.3 M.A. in Agriculture, Kyoto Prefectural University, Japan
1985.9-1990.7 B.Sc. in Inner Mongolia Normal University
1. Degradation mechanism of lignocellulosic biomass and marine biomass alginate.
2. Metabolic engineering of microorganism for ethanol bioconversion.
The land and marine biomass is an abundant, renewable biofuel source that has significantly potential values and yet has been underutilized. It can be hydrolyzed to sugar for subsequent fermentation to produce biofuel or be processed to produce other industrial chemicals. Our goal is to establish practical bioethanol production technologies by adopting lignocellulosic biomass and marine biomass alginate, which would dramatically reduce the CO2 emission by replacing the produced biofuel with motor gasoline and thereby eliminate the risk of global warming. Our research program is focusing on: degradation mechanism of land and marine biomass, metabolic engineering of microorganism for bioethanol production.
The Project Sponsored by the Scientific Research Foundation for the Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars, State Education Ministry (2011-508)；The Key Cooperation Projects of Guangxi Province (2010GXNSFD013029)；Foundation for High-level Talents in Kunming University of Science and Technology (2008-068)；The Application of Basic Research Foundation of Yunnan Province (14118147, 2010ZC057)。
1. Chagan Irbis, Ciliate protozoa and rumen methanogenesis. 2009-03. Yunnan Science and Technology Press. ISBN:978-7-5416-3202-0/Q.129.
2. Chagan Irbis, Rosa Garriga, Asami Kabasawa, and Kazunari Ushida., Phylogenetic analysis on Troglodytella abrassarti isolated from Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes verus) in the wild and in captivity. The Journal of general and applied microbiology. 2008, 54:409-413
3. Kohji Miyazaki, Chagan Irbis（通讯作者）, Takada J, Matsuura A., An ability of isolated strains to efficiently cooperate in ethanolic fermentation of agricultural plant refuse under initially aerobic thermophilic conditions: oxygen deletion process appended to consolidated bioprocessing (CBP). Bioresource technology. 2008, 99(6):1768-75.
4. Chagan Irbis and Kazunari Ushida., Detection of methanogens and proteobacteria from a single cell of rumen ciliate protozoa. The Journal of general and applied microbiology. 2004, 50: 203-212.
5. Mitsunori Tokura, Chagan Irbis, Kazunari Ushida, Yoichi Kojima., Phylogenetic study of methanogens associated with rumen ciliates. Current Microbiology. 1999, 39: 123-128.
6. Chagan Irbis, Mitsunori Tokura., Jean-Pierre Jouany, Kazunari Ushida,. Detection of methanogenic archaea associated with rumen ciliate protozoa. The Journal of general and applied microbiology. 1999, 45: 305-308.
7. イラビス, 十倉充範, 牛田一成, 小島洋一, J.P.Jouany,. ルーメンプローア由来メタン菌集落の16S rDNA解析. 日本畜産学会1999. 95.
8. 十倉充範, イラビス, 牛田一成, J.P.Jouany,. ルーメン嫌気性原生に由来するメタン菌の系統解析. 日本農芸化学会1999. 409.
9. GUO Min, TANG Li-wei, YAN Jin-ping, CHAGAN Irbis (Corresponding author). Main physiological activities of Truffles and research progress of active substances production.Science and Technology of Food Industry.2012,33(22)403-407.
10. SUN Huan-min,GUO Min, CHAGAN Irbis (Corresponding author). Intracellular redox level of thermophilic anaerobic ethanol bacteria impact on fermentation metabolism. China Biotechnology. 2012, 32(7) : 73-78.
11. ZHANG Xu, ZHAO Lin, QIAN Long, HUANG Shu-Shi, Chagan Irbsi (Corresponding author).Research progress of alginolytic bacteria., Chinese Bulletin of Life Sciences.2012,24(5):475-482
12. CAI Wen-fei,YAN Jin-ping,ZHAO Li-feng,Chagan Irbsi (Corresponding author)., Research progress of ethanol tolerance mechanism in thermophilic anaerobes. Chinese Journal of Microecology. 2011, 23(2): 190-192
13. ZHAO Li-feng, Yan Jin-ping,SUN Huan-min, Chagan Irbsi (Corresponding author). Research progress of Integration biotechnology and cellulose decomposition thermophilic bacteria ethanol conversion. Biotechnology Bulletin. 2011, 8: 55-59.
14. Chagan Irbsi, SHANG Shu-mei, LI Kun-zhi, CHEN Li-mei, ZHAO Li-feng. The product and application of ethanol fermentation high temperature anaerobic bacteria culture medium, Authorized announcement: 2011.4.20, patent number: ZL 2009 1 0094167.8