2009.9-2011.10 Post-doctor, The State KeyLaboratory of Microbial Metabolism, ?xml:namespace>ShanghaiJiaoTongUniversity.
2004.9-2009.9 Ph.D., Biochemical Engineering, TheState Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, EastChinaUniversity of Science and Technology.
2001.9-2004.7 M.S.,Biochemical Engineering, QingdaoUniversity of Science andTechnology.
1997. 9-2001.7 B.S., Fermentation Engineering, HenanUniversity.
1. Applied Microbiology
3. Microbial metabolic engineering
1. Screening of newstrains with industrial potential forproducing bioactive compounds.
2. Submerged fermentation of higher fungifor production of valuable bioactive compounds in bioreactor.
3. Elucidation of the biosynthesis andregulatory mechanism of bioactive compounds in higher fungi by comparativegenomic analysis, proteomic analysis and metabolic flux analysis.
4. Metabolic engineering of bioactivecompounds-producing higher fungi.
One projectfrom Yunnan Provincial Science and TechnologyDepartment.
1. Jun-Wei Xu, Yi-Ning Xu and Jian-JiangZhong (2012) Enhancement of ganoderic acid accumulation by overexpression of anN-terminal truncated 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl CoA reductase gene in thebasidiomycete Ganoderma lucidum. Applied and Environmental Microbiology,78: 7968-7976
2. Jun-Wei Xu, Wei Zhao, Yi-Ning Xuand Jian-Jiang Zhong (2012) Isolation and analysis of differentially expressedgenes during asexual sporulation in liquid static culture of Ganoderma lucidum by suppressionsubtractive hybridization. MolecularBiology Reports, 39: 3603-3610
3. Jun-Wei Xu, Wei Zhao, Jian-JiangZhong (2011) Isolation and characterization of a novel Ganoderma lucidum gene that differentially expressed betweenshaking culture and liquid static culture. Genes& Genomics, 33: 645-651
4. Jun-Wei Xu, Wei Zhao andJian-Jiang Zhong (2010) Biotechnological production and application ofganoderic acids. Applied Microbiology andBiotechnology, 87: 457-466
5. Jun-Wei Xu, Yi-Ning Xu andJian-Jiang Zhong (2010) Production of individual ganoderic acids and expressionof biosynthetic genes in liquid static and shaking cultures of Ganoderma lucidum. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 85: 941-948
6. Jun-Wei Xu, Yi-Ning Xu andJian-Jiang Zhong (2009) Comparison of individual ganoderic acids production andidentification of differentially expressed genes between liquid static cultureand shaking culture of Ganoderrna lucidum.Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering,108: S121-122
7. Jun-Wei Xu, Yue-Qiao Liao,Jian-Jiang Zhong (2006) Commentaries& Analyses -Biotechnology in Shanghai.Asia Pacific Biotech News (APBN), 10:1367-1369
8.Wei Zhao, Jun-Wei Xu,Jian-Jiang Zhong (2011) Enhanced production of ganoderic acids in static liquidculture of Ganoderma lucidum bynitrogen limitation. BioresourceTechnology, 102:8185-8190
9.Feng-Ke Yang, Jun-Wei Xu,Jun-Hong Liu (2003) Applications of biocatalyst in the preparation ofpharmaceuticals. Chinese Journal ofOrganic Chemistry, 23: 1205-1212
10.Cui-Xia Liang, Ying-Bo Li, Jun-Wei Xuet al. (2010) Phenobarbital addition enhanced ganoderic acid production andbiosynthetic gene expression in liquid static cultures of Ganoderma lucidum. AppliedMicrobiology and Biotechnology, 86: 1367-1374